Production, sale and installation of porphyry natural stone.
Porfidi S.r.l. is renowned for being a cutting-edge leader in the production and sale of Italian, Argentinian and Mexican porphyry all over the world. Its expertise also includes setting at the work site, project design, production of splitting machines and cutting tools.
Thanks to its physical properties and its beauty as well, porphyry has been used since antiquity onwards as an artistic element and for the realisation of flooring and cladding of prestigious spaces. Nowadays, in designing a building or a building infrastructure, the choice of matierals overall is closely linked with their physical and mechanical characteristics, which bear significant weight in the engineer’s calculations towards the stability and durability of the project. Needless to say, exactly for its characteristics, porphyry is used for both interior and exterior areas, such as commercial sites and dwelling places, as well as old towns and squares, but also for many other different purposes, such as design objects, furniture, steps, and the like. All of our products keep porphyry’s most important features unchanged in the course of time. What is more, the surface does not change and doest not need regeneration treatment as in the case of other stones:
- High abrasion resistance that grants non-slippery properties;
- High wear resistance which allows to avoid aging;
- Surface regularity, which makes treading comfortable and pleasing;
- Low absorption of water and other substances that could spoil its qualities and that guarantee a particular resistance to the strongest agents, not only the atmospheric ones.
Porphyry is never evenly coloured, its variations are unique and everlasting. As no toxic substances are used, all of the production phases are eco-friendly. This also preserves porphyry’s beautiful natural features.
Striving for excellence, our company has created three main product lines that underline the unique features of our products:
- CUBICO: cubes with natural cleft surface, both regular and irregular;
- PALLADIUM: tiles with natural cleft surface, with regular shape and spilt or sawn sides, as well as with irregular shape (“Opus Incertum”);
- STARDUST: selected products with processed surface, for both interior and exterior areas.