The GMP SPA was founded in 1972 but is part of a group of companies which is active in the stone industry for over 100 years. In the last century the activity was limited to the extraction of white Carrara marble, then the production of slabs of other Apuan marbles started. After 1950 the production and processing of some classic colored marbles began and finally after 1960 the plant in Dogana di Ortonovo was built where the production and distribution of both Italian and foreign granites began. Currently, the company has also offices and depots throughout Italy and subsidiaries in the United States. The concessions of GMP, the Fantiscritti and the Caldia® quarries ,situated in the most important marble basin of the world are where the precious Bianco Carrara, Bianco Venato, Bardiglio Nuvolato, Calacatta Caldia®, Statuario Caldia® are extracted. The GMP also extracts, buys and works granite and marble from all over the world ensuring, through exclusive contracts with producers the availability of a wide range of high quality products at competitive prices. The GMP production is split between blocks, slabs and cut-to-size both for internal and external use. Thanks to the wide selection of products and large stocks of material in its depots GMP is able to satisfy all customers’ demands in terms of quality and quantity. A young and dynamic sales network projects the GMP in a worldwide market. The main target markets are:
ITALY: the main factory and the five branches assure us a widespread coverage of the country.